My Blog

Learn from my
Trucking Adventures -
Use my Resources - Be Inspired - Experience God's Love as I do everyday




Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Prayer brings Truth (theophostically)

I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior October 25, 1969, I was 17. 
These verses have been the building stones of my Walk with The Lord.

Phillipians 1:6,  'Being confident...that He who has begun a good work in me will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.'
Is 55:8,9,  'For My Thoughts are higher than your thoughts and My Ways are higher than your ways.'
Is 26:3,  'Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusts in You,'
II Tim 1:7, 'For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.'
II Cor 10:5, 'Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalted itself above God, bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.'
Phil 4:6,7, 'Be anxious for nothing, but everything by prayer and supplication - with thanksgiving - let your requests be known unto God, and the peace that passes understanding will keep your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.'
Romans 12:2, 'And be you transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you might present to God a living sacrifice perfect unto good works.'

These verses kept my sanity through the years although my mind and emotions still crippled and deabilitated me.

In spite of this, God's grace and mercy had poured through our family in wonderful ways. (http://kjontheroad.blogspot.com/2010/10/our-children.html)

In June of 2010, I started praying over the verse in Gen 24:27 paraphrase translation:  
'I being in the way, the Lord led me.' (So said Abraham's anonymous servant when telling how he had found Rebekah at the well) 

On August, 28, 2010, I was parked on the Allentown Service Plaza of I 476 in Pennsylvannia. On my walk the morning of Sept 28, 2010 I came across a sign in the front yard of a church building;
"Beit Simcha ("House of Joy") Shabbat Service 10 AM"
It was 9:50 AM!!
http://kjontheroad.blogspot.com/2010/08/on-walk.html 
I was VERY interested!

In 1979 and 1980 we had made two tours to Israel.
I fell in love with Hebrew, Israel, the Jews, God's chosen people.

I went in, thus beginning my introduction to the Messianic Jewish Movement.

It is at Beit Simcha God got ahold of my heart through the people there, that have such joy and genuineness WITH HEBREW.  Why is the Hebrew so important? I really don't know, I just know God put a deep love for the language and therefore the people and their land and the need of their salvation. 

I "vetted" the Rabbi with scores of questions.  I went online and read and read.  I found the Messianic Synaguoge sound in all of the ways I had learned in Scripture: The Gospel, church goverment, discipleship and evangelism, etc, etc.  EVERYTHING in me wanted to "plug-in" to this Messianic Synagogue, BUT I was still crippled mentally and emotionally.  All of my old sadness and depression and not trusting people and fears and self-hate and worthlessness started to arise.  I had never wanted to work through these as much as I wanted to now.

So when Theophostic Prayer was mentioned as something I needed I was interested.
http://www.theophostic.com/ 
(Simply meaning Theo:God  Phostic:Light - truth)
I asked one of the couples in leadership if they would lead me through a Theophostic Prayer Session.  They said Of Course! =)  They had seen it help so many others and themselves. 

It is so profound and yet so simple, a process of recognizing the painful parts of your heart, asking God to bring up a memory when that pain started, when the memory has been located, FEEL the pain and ask God to give you light and truth. Simply HE DOES! Right then and there.  That pain is GONE.

My mind and emotions are now STRONG. I do NOT hate myself, I do NOT feel worthless, I do NOT have fears, I do NOT think everyone I talk to hates me or judges me or looks down on me. I have God's truths in my heart regarding all of these and I am FREE. I feel the power of God in my heart and mind, it is sooo wonderful!!!

1 comment:

  1. The word of God does truly great things. Those passages are enormously useful in living the Christian life.

    Thanks for the reminder. I am very glad it has had such a liberating effect on you.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete