My Blog

Learn from my
Trucking Adventures -
Use my Resources - Be Inspired - Experience God's Love as I do everyday




Saturday, August 28, 2010

On a Walk

This morning on Google Maps I chose the direction I wanted to walk my 4 miles for the day. After about 1/2 mile of walking I saw a sign, it said:
Beit Simcha ("House of Joy") Shabbat Service 10 AM

It was 9:50 AM

I have studied modern Hebrew for 2 years and have always been very interested in Israel and Messianic Jewish Christians. This would be my first opportunity to visit a congregation of Jewish believers!














The people were very friendly and greeted me with joy, just like the name of their church.

The songs and prayers were all in Hebrew with the English alongside, it was wonderful.













Today they had a quest speaker. He came with his 6 SHOFARS, all in different keys.

(side note, he did not have a SHOFAR in the key of C, because he hasn't found a 62" horn yet!)

















He taught about the different sounds of the SHOFAR and when they are used. The fourth sound is the LOOONG blow, that we will hear when Jesus returns in the clouds. There are several members in this congregation who have and blow them during the worship service. They are very loud, penetrating, and beautiful.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is so cool! I wish I could go on walks all over the country and find such cool things! God's timing is so perfect! I want to hear what He brings your way on your next walk!

    ReplyDelete